If you’re not aware of Ramayana, you can’t be a Bharatiya. This happens to be the fundament of national identity in this landmass of Bharat or Jambudvipa. From time immemorial, tales of Ramayana have been captivating the Indian mind and would continue to do same in the centuries to come. Brushing aside linguistic or regional barriers, it has been the choicest blessing for both the readers and listeners. What’s most interesting is that apart from the original version of Sage Valmiki, there are loads of regional versions of ‘Ramayana’ ranging from Tamil Nadu through the Hindi heartland to Bengal, esteemed highly. But still there is a growing need to impart the virtues of Ramayana in the Indian society.
With this end in view, Shankarananda Kalakshetra & Natyarambha are delighted to bring to Hyderabad, an immersive, 3 day multi art festival Ramayana Kalpavrksam, from 31st March 2023 – to 2nd April 2023, at the CCRT Campus, Madhapur, Hyderabad.
Ramayana Kalpavruksam, an immersive festival 3 day festival, with appeal across age groups, with scintillating performances, ranging from the classical to the popular, thought provoking talks, workshops on rare arts and other special features.
The stellar line up of events include a galaxy of renowned artistes from across the country
3 day – evening events
- Choodamani Pradhanam by Kalakshetra Chennai
- Vishaka Hari’s Harikatha – Navarasa Ramayanam
- J Sai Deepak’s talk on Raja Dharma – Lesson From the Ramayana
- Taaraka Naama – Musical evening by young stars Abhilash Venkitachalam of Super Singer and Sai Vignesh of Kantara fame
- Anupama Hoskare’s unique puppetry – Ramayana Saptaswara
- Shankarananda Kalakshetra’s premiere- Bhavayami Raghuramam
2 day – Conference on various facets of the Ramayana by senior and young scholars, from across the country – curated by dance scholar Dr Anupama Kylash.
Listen in to
- Dr Sudha Seshayyan
- Dr Gauri Mahulikar
- Dr Nagaraj Paturi
- Ramaa Bharadvaj
- Ami Ganatra
- Vinay Varanasi
- Surajit Dasgupta
- Hemant Pandey, speaking from the space of scholarship and Bhakti
- Manas Paath – Traditional recitation & singing of Sundara Kandam of Tulasi Ramayan by Pandit Dilkash Bharti Sadanand Vishwakarma and Party, Varanasi
- Rama Ayana – Walk with Rama – Nagara Sankeertana lead by TK Saroja & TK Sujatha
- Pancharatna Kritis lead by Sweta Prasad
- Unique Workshops by Hema Kannan, Rahul Teddy and Anupama Hoskere
- Cultural Brand showcase
- Artisans corner and more
The morning events are free, while there is a nominal registration fee for evening events and workshops
Registrations at www.ramayanakalpavrksam.com
শ্রী অনিমিত্র চক্রবর্তী হলেন একজন সাংবাদিক ও বিভাগীয় লেখক (columnist) এবং বেঙ্গল ভলান্টিয়ার্সের এক সক্রিয় কর্মী।